WHAT is DURA?
Dean's Undergraduate Research Awards
DURA enables undergraduate students the opportunity to gain hands-on research experience under the supervision of the Faculty of Science. They provide a 16-week positions (paid, full-time) for students to work in a York University research lab over the summer. If you are an International student, you are eligible for DURA only.
ELIGIBILITY OF STUDENTS
- In order to apply, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You are registered (at the time you apply) in a bachelor's degree program at an eligible university.
- You have obtained, over the previous years of study, a cumulative average of at least "B". Please note, these awards are extremely competitive.
- At the time of the award, you have completed the requirements for your first year of university study (two academic terms).
- You are not eligible if:
- You have previously received a total of three NSERC USRAs.
- You are currently enrolled in an undergraduate professional degree program in the health sciences (e.g., MD, DDS, BScN).